Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Glamoflauge Concealer by Hard Candy Cosmetics • Swatches, Review &Tattoo Coverage?

A heavy duty, highly pigmented, bendable concealer that provides the ultimate coverage. Create a flawless surface by covering birth marks, freckles, dark circles and even tattoos!
Though my flash begs to differ, the concealer is not completely white. The true color shows at the bottom of the blended swatch and also from the product dot. I'm very happy with the light & neutral combination it ended up giving my skin. I find it matches closest with my Matte Studio Eyeshadow in Nude; which I use as a setting powder under my eyes.

As far as concealing goes, this is a new favorite of mine. It's thick enough to sit where I put it, but at the same time I can blend it when I highlight. Above I used the 'tattoo' method Hard Candy marketed this product in. First, I tried the pencil and concealer with a scar. I was quite pleased with the coverage, though I could never use it on my body because of how light it is. 

Then I went to one of my tattoos to see how well it worked over a darker mark. As you can tell, this is not exactly Kat Von D's dupe. Depending on where your tattoo is, building this up may work in the case that you'd want to hide art. Like I mentioned above, this would never work as a concealer for any place but my face since the rest of my body gets more sun. 

Overall, I really enjoy this product and could see myself repurchasing this if I ever run out. The only downfall is getting accustomed to using something of this consistency. The slightest bit of product goes a very long way and easily applying too much can cause complications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment