Friday, March 14, 2014

NYX Cosmetics • Review & Swatches

Welcome to my NYX Cosmetics review. This post is going to be a touch different than the other haul reviews due to my experience with the company.


On March 5, 2014 I placed my first order with nyxcosmetics.com. I received a 25% discount with the code WELCOME25, and a free lip liner. I purchased a single eye shadow, a lipstick & an eye pencil with my own money. Everything from here on out is my own opinion and experience. 

On March 11, 2014 I received an email notifying me that my order had been processed. It would be another 8 days that I awaited my order. Upon receiving my package, I noticed there was no packing slip, receipt or return form. This wasn't too concerning to me until I noticed my white Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk was actually an incorrectly placed black Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean. 

Immediately, I emailed and contacted the company by website & social media. I am currently writing this blog about 72 hours post contact with no response. 

While I hopefully await for a response, I'll get into the part of the order that wasn't screwed up. 

Creamy Round Lipstick $4.00 - Femme
I thought this would be a bit darker due to the websites portrayal, but I still like the shade and think it will be great for summer. I believe there is a tad bit of glitter in this lipstick, but it isn't visibly noticeable on the lips. The texture is however a bit grainy. 

Single Eye Shadow $4.50 - STFU
This eye shadow seems a bit school bus-y on the website, but turned out to be a nice matte primary yellow. The left swatch is one swipe and the right is more concentrated. I'm pretty happy with the texture and pigmentation. 

Slim Lip Liner $FREE - Nectar
I am unable to find this on the actual website, but it seems pretty popular. It may be fispontinued, but I really like this color. It goes great under my new lipstick and is pretty by itself with a bit of Chapstick on top.

Overall, I will most likely never do business with NYX again. Placing the incorrect item in an order can be understood sometimes, but 14 days for shipping is ridiculous. I've ordered stuff from Hong Kong that got to me quicker. I just hope their customer service doesn't take that long to get back to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment