Sunday, April 13, 2014

Battle Of The Lipsticks • EyesLipsFace

Let's talk lipstick, ladies.


I was surprised to find out that I've tried out every kind of ELF Lipstick when going through my collection the other day. It's no secret I buy from them like crazy, but I could have sworn they had a few more variations. I thought I would go through each line of lipstick and my experience with them. This post will not be swatch heavy, but focused more on the quality of each lipstick.

Starting with the cheapest of them all, we have the Essential Lipsticks. This line holds 11 shades that will run you $1.00 each. I was extremely surprised to find out the only thing I dislike about these lipsticks is the packaging. I could name many brands that charge more and give less than these. In total, I've tried four of the shades; Nostalgic, Flirtatious, Charming & Sociable. (LEFT TO RIGHT) They are super creamy and apply velvety smooth. The brighter shades seem to fade a bit faster, but overall I can get about 3-4 hours of wear before needing to reapply.

VERDICT: ☆☆☆

Next up is my favorite line of them all, the Studio Matte Lipsticks. This line holds 6 shades that will run you $3.00 each. Each pen sized tube comes with 1.8g of product and a hidden sharpener in the base. I find the precision to be a nice feature when applying, as well as doubling the lipsticks as a liner. In total, I've tried three of the shades; Rich Red, Coral & Natural. (TOP TO BOTTOM) While these are matte products, I don't find them to be drying on the lips. It's pretty much a place & stay put lipstick. Overall, I can get about 4-6 hours of wear before needing to reapply.  

VERDICT: ☆☆☆☆

Now onto more of a disappointing line, the Moisturizing Lipsticks. This line holds 10 shades that will run you $3.00 each. I'm just going to get this out of the way, the only thing I like about this line is that the packaging shows you the color. This was a huge disappointment in my opinion. In total, I've tried two of the shades; Party In The Buff & Pink Minx. (PINK MINX NOT SHOWN) My first issue is with the scent that the lipsticks give off. It's pretty close to their not so lovely Lip Exfoliator, but that's just my opinion. I have a really hard time dealing with brands when they name their products incorrectly. These lipsticks are nowhere near moisturizing. It even feels fair to say that they are somewhat drying on the lips. Overall, I can get a couple of hours of wear if I use a lip balm of some sort.

VERDICT: 

Last but not least, the Mineral Lipsticks. This line holds the most shades of them all; 16 in total, that will run you $5.00 each.The shade shown is my only one from the Mineral line in Runway Pink. I've had this for a little over a week and I think I've used it everyday since. The packaging is sleek, the tube slides up smoothly and the product is so silky. If I was to blindly choose, I would assume this was the Moisturizing lipstick rather than the Mineral. With such a wide range of lip shades to choose from, I can't wait to pick some more up from this line. 

VERDICT: ☆☆☆☆☆

If you have tried any of the products mentioned or would like to recommend some shades to me, please feel free to leave some comments below! 

Have you entered my Spring Giveaway yet? It's free & EASY. Just click here to learn how to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment