Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Quick Swatch: ELF Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara


Pigmentation /
Lasting Power ☆☆☆☆
Price ☆☆☆☆☆
Packaging Design ☆☆☆
Quality ☆☆☆☆

This is the first "brow gel" I have ever tried. I had never before thought of using a clear mascara to tame my brows. Why? I'm not sure. All I know is that this is something I need in my life. Do I need ELF's version?

Packaging wise, I'm not crazy about it. I'm not so much in need of a clear mascara, so the opposite end of this product doesn't really mean much to me. I personally just switch the tubes of gel around when one runs out. I then realized that while it may not matter if you have darker hair, it's nice for those of us who have lighter brows than lashes. You wouldn't want your eyebrows to be set with a black mascara soaked brush.

The only bone I have to pick with this product is the life span. No, it doesn't dry out... It seems that I can only use the gel for 3 to 4 weeks before it begins to go sour. I'm not sure if it's the gel itself going bad, or the brow powder and oils mixing together use after use. All I have to say is, do not smell this after a month.

Overall, I give this ☆☆☆☆ out of 5 stars. It works well and keeps my brows in place for the day. I may try out some different brands now that I realize how much I need it, but I wouldn't have an issue repurchasing this $1.00 item from ELF Cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment