Wednesday, July 23, 2014

ELF Pressed Mineral Foundation • First Impression

When it comes to dry skin, your first choice isn't to apply a pressed powder for foundation. Come see how EyesLipsFace's New! Pressed Mineral Foundation worked for me... 

In a wide variety of 13 shades, this new product from ELF was a little hard to determine via Internet. After comparing photos to their already popular loose powder foundations, I decided to pick the shade I've had the most luck with... Fair.

Color Match ☆☆☆☆
Price ☆☆☆
Coverage ☆☆
When it comes down to it, this is a powder foundation. The product is not made or advertised to give flawless coverage on it's own. I applied this over my Moisturizing Primer by ELF and the puff applicator it comes with. Pressing the powder into your skin applies more of the product while not wasting as much. 

I've found the wear to be neither here not there. It'll stay on anywhere from 2-6 hours depending on the primer and weather. This foundation doesn't provide you with any SPF or protection, nor does it hold up against sweat. I would definitely say to look away if you have dry to dry/combination skin. I've noticed it tends to cling to dry patches. 

I've yet to apply this over any tinted moisturizer or bb cream, but I assume it would extend the wear and coverage. I will most likely be using this as a finishing powder when I want more coverage, probably wouldn't repurchase the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment