Tuesday, September 9, 2014

theBalm's Balm Jovi Makeup Palette • Full Review w/ Swatches

Open for full swatches and opinions on theBalm's Balm Jovi Palette. 


Available for purchase here.

(left; lip/cheek colors) (right; highlight & blush)
Let's begin with the lip (or creme cheek colors) tints. Milly is more of a nude pink while Vanilly is a warm red. They are quite pigmented built up, but don't last but a couple of hours. The highlight is very lovely and almost a barely warmer version of their oh-so popular Mary Lou-Manizer. The blush is a satin coral that seems to pull warm tones on the cheeks. Again, very nice pigmentation with not a lot of wear. 

Next, the eye portion of the palette & why I purchased it in the first place. The eye shadows are very touch and go. While I highly enjoy the names and the quality over their Nude Tude palette, they could be so much better. The darker mattes are patchy, some glitters are chunky or too powdery, and the overall wear of the shadows isn't exactly long-lasting. Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy using most of these shadows, but I was a little disappointed they had come from a higher end brand.

MAC Dupes in Balm Jovi Eyeshadows

Would I repurchase this palette? Probably not. I would probably return this palette for a full refund if I could. It's usable and sometimes I am happy I have it, but at the end of the day it's nothing special and the palette isn't worthy of the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment