Thursday, February 20, 2014

Better Than Sex Mascara Dupe


Today I have some very exciting news. After searching for what seems like forever, I have found my perfect mascara. I have the most spot on dupe for one of the highest rated beauty products, Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara.
Disclaimer: Neither product is better than sex. If you find either mascara to be better than sex, please consult with your 
partner immediately. 


While I could have quit my search for the perfect mascara months ago, I refused to re-purchase a $23 tube of lash paint. Upon browsing eyeslipsface.com at their 50% off sale, I witnessed a mascara that had an identical brush of said Too Faced product. Of course, I had to try it.

                                                        left; $5                         right; $23
                                                          E.L.F Mineral Volumizing    Too Faced Better Than Sex


As you can see, E.L.F's wand seems identical if not better than Too Faced, but what is the product like?

First, let's look into the packaging and review of each product.


One thing I neglected to realize is the poor rating for E.L.F's product. While I was getting images for this post, I noticed the mascara wasn't even rated three stars. After looking through the reviews, the only thing people were super unhappy with was the prone to smudging formula. However, I think what people believe to be smudging is actually the mascara taking forever to dry. As I began to apply the product, I noticed that it can transfer very easily for about 3-5 minutes. After cleaning up a little bit above and below my eye, the mascara has been going strong and smudge-less for the past 7 hours. While Too Faced's product is easily a star ahead of E.L.F, I failed to post the rating for two reasons. First off, I am pretty sure everyone has heard of this mascara by now & I have yet to find someone who has tried it and hated it. Secondly, I forgot to scroll down before I took my screen-shot.


Now, for what truly matters... Let's take a closer look at each of the make 
up brands and their descriptions. 

   Both brands claim volumizing and separation of your lashes. While Too Faced is the only one to point out curling; and E.L.F lengthening, both products deliver the results. Along with performance, each mascara is formulated without Parabens. I only wish sephora.com would list the ingredients as eyeslipsface.com does. 

And with all of that being said, I declare this mascara duped! 
*This is coming from someone who has owned and used each product.

Now that I have said my part, it's your turn. Either fish out $18 extra for a pretty pink metallic tube, or save yourself from being duped. I hope some of you can find this comparison useful. In all honesty, I have nothing against Too Faced or their make up products... my bank account does. 

XOXOX

1 comment:

  1. Love this! :) Thank you for such useful information! I am a budget girl!

    ReplyDelete