Saturday, March 22, 2014

Going In The Wild • Review & Swatches

Wet N Wild Color Icon Collection • Going In The Wild

This palette was released in spring 2013 and is now discontinued. You can purchase Going In The Wild by following the link. This was my first order through Nonpareil Boutique & the entire experience was quick and professional.


LEFT COLUMN . GOING IN THE WILD
Brow bone • This shade is the perfect nude highlight. While it can come off as too much shimmer, working with this shadow is hit and miss. This eye shadow likes to either transfer with precision, or fall out with grace. Meh.
Eyelid • You really have to pack this shadow on for any sort of color payoff, especially if you have a darker skin tone. I'm Casper's sister and I had to layer this. In pan, it's gorgeous but ultimately a let down. 
Crease • I wanted to love this color so badly. It is the perfect lavender with the slightest satin sheen. I would more so use this as a lid color due to the fact that it blends to nothing. Blending this color too much is not an option. 
Definer • I am super upset with this one. It portrays such an awesome blend of glitter and satin shimmer, and blends to just another deep crease shadow. 
RIGHT COLUMN . GOING IN THE WILD
Brow bone • I had to put all of my might into getting this eye shadow out of the pan. I wasn't really sure if this was going to blend to a yellow or not, but now that I can see a true yellow tone, it would never be put on my brow bone.
Eyelid • Can you say 'spring'? I love this shadow and want to wear it always and forever. I only wish it was longer lasting. This tends to disappear after only a few moments of eyewear. It's so disappointing. 
Crease • You guys know I am a sucker for a good chocolate shadow & this adds another variation to my collection. I love this as a crease color and it actually blends out pretty matte compared to the rest of the shadows. 
Definer • I apologize for such a rich swatch photo, but this will photograph darker when a flash is applied. The color itself blends to a slate grey, and is in no way, shape, or form a good basic black. The glitter fades the more you blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment